- A Minute to Learn It - Federal Direct Student Loans for Undergrads
- Types of Federal Direct Student Loans
- What is a Federal Direct Student Loan?
- What is a PLUS Loan?
- What is a Grad PLUS loan?
- Federal Direct Student Loan Limits
- What is a Federal Direct Subsidized loan?
- What is the difference between a subsidized and an unsubsidized loan?
- Is a credit check required to receive a Federal Direct student loan?
- If I accept my Federal Direct Loan award, how will this affect other forms of student aid?
- A Minute to Learn it - Student Loan Repayment
- What are my repayment options?
- Are my parents responsible for paying back my student loans?
- Accessing Your Loan Borrower Information
- What happens to my loans if I change schools or move?
- What does it mean to consolidate a federal loan?
- A Minute to Learn It - Save on Your Student Loans
- Loan Prepayment During School
- What is Loan Forgiveness?
- What is Public Service Loan Forgiveness?
- When should I consolidate my federal loans?
- Loan Prepayment During Repayment
- When do I begin repayment on my Federal Direct Student loan?
- What percentage of my post-college income should I plan to pay toward my loans?
- Do you have any suggestions for what I should be doing now to prepare myself for repaying my loans?
- If I default on a student loan, how can I fix it?
- Can I get federal financial aid if I am in default on a student loan?
- What are the conditions under which I may apply for a deferment or forbearance?
- A Minute to Learn it - Money Basics
- Using a Bank or Credit Union
- How does a checking account work?
- Virtual Money Management
- Where can I cash my paycheck?
- What types of insurance should I have?
- What do I need to know about Federal Income Taxes?
- What can I do now to prepare for my eventual retirement?
- Navigating the StudentLoans.gov Website: Overview
- Navigating the StudentLoans.gov Website: Undergraduate Students
- Navigating the Studentloans.gov Website: Graduate/Professional Students
- Navigating the StudentLoans.gov Website: Parent Borrowers
- Navigating the StudentLoans.gov Website: Repayment and Consolidation
- What does a parent need to know about financial aid when sending a child to college?
- Are there some specific things that parents and their student should discuss?
- What role should financial aid play in the selection of a college for my child?
- My daughter is going to college next year, what can I do now to start to prepare for paying for school?
- Is all financial aid ‘free money’?
- Where does Financial Aid come from?
- When should my student apply for financial aid?
- How does my student apply for financial aid?
- If parents are divorced, which parent provides information for the student’s FAFSA?
- Are there resources available in the parents name to help pay for their student’s education?
- What happens if I am denied a PLUS loan?
- My child is paying for school on her own; do I have to provide my information on the FAFSA?
- If I provide my information on the FAFSA, does this obligate me to pay for my child’s education?
- I have multiple children in college; do I need to complete a separate FAFSA for each child?
- What should I do if I have special circumstances not indicated on the FAFSA?
- Is the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) the actual amount that we will owe the school?
- Helpful and Important Links
- What is a Parent PLUS Loan?
- What are the Terms and Conditions of the Parent PLUS Loan?
- What is a Master Promissory Note?
- How do I complete the Master Promissory Note for the Parent PLUS Loan?
- What happens to my loan if I move or if my child changes his enrollment status?
- What are my Parent PLUS Loan cancellation options?
- What is the interest rate on my Parent PLUS Loan?
- Are there any additional fees for the Parent PLUS Loan?